Q3 2023 Framvik: EdTech Company of the Year 2023 - Nordics Featuring:
Welcome to the Q3 edition of EU Business News, providing you with all of the latest news, features, and informative pieces from across the European Union. There’s no denying how the world of EU business has been a challenging one of late, between the pandemic still having its negative effects and the ongoing need to stay ahead of the curve in the digital age. That’s without the devastating wildfires that have been ravaging several European countries this summer due to hot, dry weather. But despite the challenging circumstances, European businesses are defying the odds with their resilience and hard work. Over 99% of these are SMEs (small to medium enterprises) and they are the backbone of the European economy, with their contributions towards job creation, innovation, and economic growth being truly invaluable. One such SME is Framvik, the highly deserving recipient of our EdTech Company of the Year 2023 – Nordics award. Founded by Maria Bauer and Axel Fors, Framvik is the creator of the groundbreaking VR technology, D-escalator, which is designed to train individuals in conflict management. We explore how D-escalator is transforming workplaces across the Nordics region by enabling companies to support their staff to calmly handle potentially violent situations before they can escalate. I hope you enjoy perusing this issue and that you have a prosperous month ahead. In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back again soon for the final quarter of the year. Rebecca Scotland, Editor Website: www.business-news.eu Q3 2023 AI Global Media, Ltd. (AI) takes reasonable measures to ensure the quality of the information on this web site. However, AI will not assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, correctness or completeness of any information that is available through this web site. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them. The information available through the website and our partner publications is for your general information and use and is not intended to address any particular finance or investment requirements. In particular, the information does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation by us or any of our partner publications and is not intended to be relied upon by users in making or refraining from making any investment or financial decisions. Appropriate independent advice should be obtained before making any such decision. Any arrangement made between you and any third party named in the site is at your sole risk and responsibility.
4. News 6. Framvik: EdTech Company of the Year 2023 - Nordics 8. Company highlights latest product innovations for live broadcast productions 10. Bathroom giant, Easy Bathrooms opts for Deposco fulfilment solution to drive UK growth 11. The Role of 5G in the Landline Switch-Off 12. Sendoso Introduces Predictable Pricing for Higher ROI: A Revolutionary Approach to Transparent Shipping and Handling Fees 13. Web Design Strategies for Boosting E-commerce Sales in the EU 14. Why More EU Businesses Are Turning to PPAs: Explained Contents
NEWS Dimeta and Enerkem Collaborate on Large Scale Wasteto-DME Projects in Europe and the USA ME is a clean-burning fuel that can support decarbonisation of the off-grid energy sector, including heating, cooking, transport and industrial applications. As DME is chemically similar to Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG), it can be blended with it up to 20% and 'dropped-in' to existing LPG supply chains, providing a seamless pathway Enerkem, the first company in the world to produce biomethanol from mixed waste at commercial scale, and Dimeta, a joint venture between two of the largest off-grid energy suppliers, have announced that they are initiating feasibility studies for the development of two large scale projects that will convert waste into renewable and recycled carbon dimethyl ether (DME). D to reducing emissions from the over 200 million tonnes of LPG used for energy each year globally. The projects are expected to be located in Northwest Europe and in the Gulf Coast of the United States, with each project anticipated to produce approximately 165,000 tonnes of renewable and recycled carbon DME per year from mixed residual waste. The impact of the DME produced from the two projects combined would be the equivalent of significantly reducing the carbon footprint of over one million LPG heated homes, when it is blended in with LPG. In recent months, Dimeta and Enerkem successfully completed pre-feasibility studies for these projects and are now moving into the feasibility phase - targeting the start of Front End Engineering and Design (FEED) next year. In addition to its commercial demonstration scale facility in operation in Alberta, Canada, Enerkem is currently involved in the development and building of new commercial scale waste-to-methanol facilities in both Canada and Europe. Enerkem will use the design and development of these facilities as the basis for the design of these new projects, combined with an additional methanol-toDME synthesis step integrated at the end of the process. The two DME projects with Enerkem build upon the announcement of the first of a kind waste-to-DME plant spearheaded by Dimeta in the United Kingdom, which is set to be operational in 2025. The projects with Enerkem are a key part of achieving Dimeta's goal of creating over 300,000 tonnes of sustainable DME production capacity by 2027. "We are excited to collaborate with Enerkem to transform large volumes of non-recyclable waste into renewable & recycled carbon DME on a global scale. This partnership is another significant milestone in Dimeta's journey. Enerkem has vast experience in the development of renewable solutions, and I look forward to seeing how we continue to revolutionize DME to deliver a greener future for off-grid communities." says Frankie Ugboma, Chief Executive Officer of Dimeta. "We are committed to supporting Dimeta in achieving their decarbonization goals. This development is an example of our technological platform's flexibility as a key enabler for hard-to-abate sectors. Our joint projects can form the basis for further project developments globally within the off-grid energy market and are an opportunity to expand Enerkem's waste-to-methanol platform," adds Dominique Boies, Chief Executive Officer of Enerkem.
NEWS First AI as CEO in Europe Revolutionizes Leadership using Human Supervision for Safety Hunna Technology (https://hunna.app), a UK-headquartered HealthTech startup, unveiled the first-ever AI in Europe to act as the CEO of a company. Using a combination of AI and human intelligence, the hybrid system goes beyond just a chatbot, and is based on a new simple mathematical algorithm. IndigoVX, developed by Hunna Technology, facilitates an efficient collaboration between artificial intelligence and human expertise. Imagine a chess game where a person sets the high-level goal, and the AI generates the optimal moves, with both parties continually refining the strategy together. The inspiration for a supervised AI as CEO came from Steve Jobs, who famously said: "It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and then tell them what to do. We hire smart people so they can tell us what to do." AI as CEO Hunna has been testing the IndigoVX AI system for 12 months to ensure safety and legal compliance before announcing its promotion to CEO. "I stepped down as CEO in July because I believe an AI supervised by humans can outperform me.", said co-founder Ahmed Lazem, "She hasn't failed us." "The IndigoVX AI system has consistently surpassed our expectations - it's blown our minds." says Dr. Kais Dukes, CTO and co-founder of Hunna Technology. "The AI CEO has successfully identified under-explored markets, optimized resource allocation, and accurately forecasted consumer trends, with an over 90% successful decision rate." Successes of the AI to date include: - defining a strong and realistic business strategy that the founders were able to execute - identifying the startup idea in the first place - providing key research for talks to roll out their medical AI nationally in the UAE - selecting the UAE as an initial target market - working with the AI every day for all business processes Hunna's mission is to harness the power of AI while ensuring safety and accountability through constant human supervision. Our AI CEO isn't fully automated, but we see that as a strength, not a weakness. For this reason, we feel it's justified to give the system a CEO title, as ultimately it's the algorithm calling the shots, even though the algorithm has a human component. Calling IndigoVX a CEO isn't just giving the system a title, it's about partially automating the role of a Chief Executive Officer, to guide the overall operations of the company.
Jul22546 6. EUBN Q3 2023 aria Bauer has a behavioural science degree and is a trained advisor, author, and Sweden’s leading lecturer in professional approach, treatment of threats and violence in the workplace. She has trained more than 200,000 people in Scandinavia, and for more than 20 years, has been trying to raise the question of how to treat and respond to violence and threat, and she has successfully got it on the agenda. Maria is an international violence expert and board member of UN Women Sweden, with Framviks’ edtech solution, D-escalator being an extension of her lifelong work against violence. She is joined at Framvik by co-founder, Axel Fors, who is a trained social worker with a Master of Arts in Criminology. He has worked at The National Board of Forensic Medicine and the Swedish Prison and Probation Service with violence prevention, as well as participated in various studies on the treatment of addiction and violent crime. Axel educates and supervises staff in fields such as social work, judiciary, healthcare, and welfare. Axel and Maria have come together to create the innovative D-escalator technology, which is an entirely one-of-its-kind and pioneering concept designed for employees working in sectors such as police, social services, private care, education, retail, hospital, security, and more. Also playing an ongoing key role in the software’s development is a team of 20 experts whose specialisms extend from medicine and behavioural science to criminology, law, and economics. This is in addition to civil engineers, 3D artists, and programmers. The mission for the whole team is to contribute to creating peaceful and inclusive societies, with an ultimate goal to end violence in the world. D-escalator is an efficient and modern solution which enables staff to learn stress reduction and management in a completely new way, giving them the opportunity to practice and improve on their EdTech Company of the Year 2023 - Nordics Maria Bauer and Axel Fors founded Framvik in 2017, an education and innovation company developing a ground-breaking VR software called D-escalator, which provides training in conflict management. With great interest from Swedish media and a great number of clients. D-escalator has also been appreciated abroad and tried out of the judiciary in New York and Austria. Framvik is no stranger to praise, now having seen success within the Scandinavian Business Awards 2023, we learn more about this cutting-edge technology and how it can transform the workplace. responses to threatening behaviour. The content of this training is based on science and Maria’s long and successful efforts in preventing and managing conflicts, threats, and violence. Since the beginning, Framvik has placed great importance on research and development, working hard to ensure the solution is adapted to suit the client’s needs each and every time. Together with the customer, Framvik can develop realistic scenarios that are relevant to the client’s working environment and physical conditions, tailoring it to their employees’ experiences of violence at work. D-escalator provides an evidence-based education that is engaging, effective, and appealing to all ages. When using this technology, the individual willenter an exact copy of their workplace and be met with an angry and frustrated avatar who will respond to their behaviour. If they act in the wrong way, for example, by behaving arrogant or disinterested, the avatar will become more aggressive. If the user is calm, then the avatar will also calm down. In the worst case, the VR situation can escalate and result in violence, or “game over”. Framvik’s VR training can pose a variety of benefits for companies and create sustainable workplaces. By supporting staff to handle violent situations, it can make them feel more confident when it comes to diffusing them and enhance their customer service skills. It can enhance their expertise in what triggers and calms customers and patients. As a result of knowing how to deal with hostile behaviour in the correct way, employees may feel happier to stay working at the company, and reduce the amount of sick leave they take. A notable example of organisations making use of D-escalator has been a shelter for victims of violence. Framvik tailored the VR solution for use by private and public sector teams who come into contact with those experiencing domestic violence. This enables employees to gain increased knowledge and understanding in order to support individuals who need their help. Meanwhile, Södertälje Hospital was the first hospital in Sweden to test D-escalator, an investment that it made to equip its staff for the increasingly demanding work environment, where relatives of patients have been showing threatening behaviour towards healthcare staff more and more. “It feels real and you get stressed,” comments one nurse after having a go at using the VR technology, where she experienced being scolded by a man whose mother was being cared for. M Company: Framvik Contact: Maria Bauer Email: [email protected] Website: www.framvik.com Apr23524 “We are unlike every other edtech, putting knowledge about violence before everything else. Our VR training is the perfect solution to give the user experience-based knowledge. But the solution is not the most important thing; the mission is. We have groundbreaking technology that is unique.”
EUBN Q3 2023 7. Another exciting project developed by Framvik has been for Sahlgrenska University Hospital, with the purpose of training its adult psychiatry staff to deal with patients who become violent. Framvik’s VR scenarios are used in several studies at the hospital in emergency healthcare, psychiatry, and forensic psychiatry. D-escalator’s capabilities go beyond dealing with abuse, though; it can be adapted to a range of different situations, including schools, supporting educational teams to spot mental illness in children and young people early on. Framvik runs an innovative VR project with Matthew School in the Norrköping municipality, the idea behind this being that teachers and teaching assistants can step into a realistic situation and learn how to identify when a student is struggling with their mental health and how to respond to them. The client says, “A reason we have chosen to work with the Framvik scenario is that the employees can be educated on their own or in small groups in the workplace. VR training does not require special trainers who come out and maintain equipment and training. Very effective and resourceful.” Framvik’s offering doesn’t end with D-escalator, either. Maria also provides a variety of training options that can be adapted to the client’s needs, including education on how to face threats and violence, an in-depth training package for the management of conflict and threatening behaviour, and training and advice for management on preventing conflicts and motivating employees to strive in the same direction. Ultimately, it’s easy to see how Framvik has come to be named EdTech Company of the Year 2023 – Nordics, with its offering nothing short of extraordinary. Led by expert, Maria Bauer, Framvik couldn’t be better positioned for success and for changing the working lives of so many by making them feel safer and happier while doing their job. We’re excited about the inevitably bright future ahead of Framvik and what else it has in store for the world of VR!
8. EUBN Q3 2023 “From our Makito X4 video encoders to our latest generation of 5G-enabled Haivision Pro mobile video transmitters, Haivision technology continues to blaze a trail for ultra-low latency, pristine quality, and reliable live video contribution over any network,” said Marcus Schioler, Vice President Marketing, Haivision. “With a firm focus on empowering our customers to deliver exceptional live productions, we're excited to showcase our latest innovations and demonstrate why great broadcasts start with Haivision at IBC2023.” World-Leading Live Video Contribution Over Any Network Haivision will be shining a spotlight on the latest features added to its awardCompany highlights latest product innovations for live broadcast productions Haivision, a leading global provider of mission-critical, realtime video networking and visual collaboration solutions, announced that it will showcase the latest innovations to its world-leading live video contribution solutions at hall 2, stand 32 at IBC2023 at the RAI, Amsterdam. Feb23335 winning portfolio of video encoders and transmitters, including the ultra-low latency Makito X4 video encoder series with a newly designed user interface. On display also will be the game-changing Haivision Pro series of mobile video transmitters which enable contribution over any network, including internet, satellite, 4G, and 5G. Fueling Cloud and Remote Production Workflows Haivision will showcase how its versatile StreamHub platform can receive, decode, and distribute live video streams to support a range of workflows including SDI, NDI, ST 2110, SRT, and even social media networks to fuel the most demanding productions and enable seamless collaboration between distributed teams. Visitors to the stand will also be able to see Haivision SRT Gateway, a scalable and flexible solution for video routing, protocol conversion, and stream replication in action. Video Wall Solutions Haivision will also demonstrate video wall technology for operation and command centers. Haivision’s end-to-end video wall solutions, including Haivision Command 360, enable organizations to visualize and dynamically respond to urgent situations quickly. To find out more about the latest product updates and what’s new at IBC2023, visit: https://www.haivision.com/about/events/ibc “From our Makito X4 video encoders to our latest generation of 5G-enabled Haivision Pro mobile video transmitters, Haivision technology continues to blaze a trail for ultra-low latency, pristine quality, and reliable live video contribution over any network,”
EUBN Q3 2023 9. Company highlights latest product innovations for live broadcast productions
10. 10. EUBN Q3 2023 Nov22729 Easy Bathrooms, a rising star in the UK among bathroom product providers and design supplies, has hired Deposco to provide them with a much-needed warehouse management system. This software is designed to deliver organization through automation, without losing any control or transparency of inventory. Find out how Deposco's WMS solution empowered Easy Bathrooms to continue to grow. Deposco, the omnichannel fulfillment supply chain solutions platform for brand owners, retailers, ecommerce, and 3PL companies, has signed Easy Bathrooms as a new customer. Easy Bathrooms is on a steep growth path in the UK. With 135 stores in action today and a further 65 set to open soon, the company needed a fulfillment solution that could keep up with its plans for rapid expansion. Deposco’s end-to-end omnichannel planning and fulfillment solution was the perfect fit. The Deposco solution will help Easy Bathrooms manage its 350,000-square-foot warehouse more efficiently, provide an accurate, real-time view of inventory to quickly satisfy customer orders, and remove a raft of manual processes across the business. “We chose to work with Deposco because they understand our business and demonstrated the knowledge to support our growth objectives,” said Craig Waddington, Founder and CEO of Easy Bathrooms. ”The Deposco solution will give us the control, visibility, and accuracy we need to continue to deliver a great customer experience through enabling our warehouse to operate more efficiently. This will free us to focus on growing the Easy Bathrooms retail footprint.” The roll-out of the Deposco solution at Easy Bathrooms is set to be completed within a 90-day timeframe. Once fully implemented, the Deposco solution is expected to prove to be a vehicle to grow the business and make products available to customers at optimum price and availability levels. Easy Bathrooms will initially deploy one element of the overall Deposco solution, its Warehouse Management Software (WMS), in time for peak season trading later this year. Over the medium term, Easy Bathrooms and Deposco plan to work together to achieve complete visibility of inventory and generate management information across the operation before going on to drive further operational benefits. Longer term, Easy Bathrooms is looking for the Deposco solution to help them assimilate new stores into their portfolio; expand their product range; and launch new channels to market to better serve new business opportunities. Will Lovatt, Vice President and General Manager, Europe at Deposco said: “We are proud to be supporting Easy Bathrooms on their journey to becoming the UK’s premier bathroom retailer. Their energy and drive to deliver fabulous results are wellmatched to the culture at Deposco. We’re loving the opportunity to innovate together to fulfill orders for a greater number of new Easy Bathrooms customers as effectively as possible.” More information on Deposco’s end-to-end omnichannel planning and fulfillment solution can be found at deposco.com. Bathroom giant, Easy Bathrooms opts for Deposco fulfilment solution to drive UK growth
Aug22136 EUBN Q3 2023 11. The Role of 5G in the Landline Switch-Off In recent years, we have witnessed remarkable advancements in telecommunications technology, and the transition from traditional landline telephony to wireless communication has been at the forefront of this revolution. As we approach the year 2025, many countries, including the UK, have made the decision to switch off their landline networks entirely, relying solely on mobile and wireless technologies. One of the key enablers of this transition is the deployment of 5G networks. In this guide, we will explore the role of 5G in the 2025 landline switch-off and its implications for the future of communication. What Is 5G? 5G, or the fifth generation of wireless technology, represents a significant leap forward in terms of network speed, capacity, and connectivity. It offers ultra-low latency, higher data rates, and the ability to connect a massive number of devices simultaneously. These capabilities make 5G an ideal replacement for traditional landline networks, as it can provide reliable and high-quality voice and data services without the need for physical connections. What Are the Key Features of 5G? There are several critical aspects of 5G that make it a top alternative to landline telecommunications. We’ve outlined a few of the significant advantages of the deployment of 5G below, so you can be well-informed on the new, exciting network. Enhanced Mobile Broadband One of the key features of 5G is its ability to provide enhanced mobile broadband services. With 5G, users can experience incredibly fast internet speeds, comparable to or even exceeding those of traditional landline connections. This means that individuals and businesses can rely on wireless networks for tasks such as video conferencing, online gaming, streaming high-definition content, and large file downloads, all without the limitations of a physical connection. Internet of Things (IoT) Another significant aspect of 5G is its ability to support the Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem. IoT refers to the network of interconnected devices and systems that communicate and share data. With 5G, the IoT can thrive due to its capacity to handle many connections, low latency, and energyefficient communication. This opens up new possibilities for smart homes, autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, healthcare applications, and more. IoT has unfortunately also opened up the potential for hackers and cyber criminals to exploit network vulnerabilities (source: ThreatSpike) and therefore, having the right safeguards in place is a very important step to take to mitigate these risks. VoLTE and NoNR Not to be confused with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and Voice over New Radio (VoNR) are technologies that allow voice calls to be made over 4G and 5G networks, respectively. These technologies provide highquality voice services over wireless networks, eliminating the need for separate landline connections for voice communication. As 5G networks become more prevalent, VoNR will become the standard for voice calls, ensuring that users can make and receive calls with excellent clarity and reliability without relying on landlines. Network Reliability and Redundancy 5G networks are designed with builtin redundancy and network slicing capabilities. This means that even in the event of a network outage or disruption, the system can dynamically allocate network resources to ensure uninterrupted connectivity. Compared to traditional landlines that may be susceptible to physical damage or service disruptions, 5G networks provide a more resilient and reliable communication infrastructure, making them an ideal replacement for landlines. Rural Connectivity One of the challenges with landline networks is providing reliable connectivity in rural and remote areas. Laying physical cables and infrastructure in such locations can be costly and time-consuming. 5G networks, on the other hand, can reach these areas more easily, providing wireless connectivity to previously underserved communities. This is particularly crucial for bridging the digital divide and ensuring equal access to communication services for all. Feb23656
12. EUBN Q3 2023 Sendoso Introduces Predictable Pricing for Higher ROI: A Revolutionary Approach to Transparent Shipping and Handling Fees Sendoso, the pioneer in direct marketing automation, is thrilled to unveil Predictable Pricing, a groundbreaking addition to its platform. With a relentless focus on customer experience, this innovative enhancement offers a seamless and fully transparent shopping journey by meticulously outlining all-inclusive shipping and handling fees for all inventoried sends. By embracing this new pricing structure, customers can navigate easily and confidently, bidding farewell to hidden fees and unexpected charges. Organizations seek efficient workflows and predictable expenses. Sendoso's Predictable Pricing delivers effortless budgeting and planning. It encompasses the combined costs of personalized items, shipping, and handling fees. This transparency ensures streamlined processes and provides companies a clear understanding of expenses incurred through the Sendoso platform. "We are excited to introduce Predictable Pricing to our valued customers," said Kris Rudeegraap, co-founder and CEO of Sendoso. "Our mission has always been to provide exceptional solutions that simplify the process of sending personalized gifts and experiences. With Predictable Pricing, we are taking a significant step forward in providing our customers with a transparent and predictable cost structure." Key Benefits of Sendoso's Predictable Pricing include: • Simplified Experience: Customers will enjoy a clear breakdown of the item cost and shipping and handling fees with Sendoso’s platform, enabling them to easily and accurately budget for any sending campaign. • Predictability: By knowing the total cost upfront, companies can accurately plan and allocate resources, avoiding unexpected financial burdens. • Full Transparency: Sendoso values transparency and believes in building trusted relationships. With Predictable Pricing, customers can make informed decisions based on a comprehensive view of costs, ensuring no surprises down the line. “Sendoso's tiered pricing is a total game changer for direct marketing campaigns,” said Neil Shah, Head of Product Marketing at Sendoso. “Transparent pricing puts businesses back in control of their budgets. We listen to our customers and understand their top concern is increasing customer retention while ensuring the long-term value and a tangible ROI of every campaign. We’ve made things simple – no confusing pricing tiers or complicated surcharges to worry about. With our transparent pricing, businesses can unlock the true power of efficient growth and customer retention, delivering customized experiences and unforgettable moments.” In addition to its transparent pricing, Sendoso goes above and beyond to enhance the user experience. These additional benefits include: • Tiered Pricing: With Sendoso's tiered pricing, customers get complete predictability and a clear understanding of fulfillment costs. Budgeting and campaign planning become a breeze, making your life easier. And the benefits don't stop there! By avoiding unexpected expenses and inefficient sending, Sendoso will help customers save thousands yearly. • SLA Guarantee: Sendoso takes pride in having the fastest industry-leading Service Level Agreements (SLAs) at its fulfillment centers, ensuring orders are processed quickly and efficiently. • In-House Fulfillment: Sendoso-owned fulfillment centers remove sourcing headaches, storage costs, and tracking worries, eliminating hefty support expenses for customers. By harnessing tiered pricing and leveraging Sendoso logistics expertise, customers can reinvest their budgets back into their campaigns. To learn more about Sendoso's Predictable Pricing and how it can unlock long-term campaign ROI, please visit sendoso.com. Feb23297 This innovative enhancement offers a seamless and fully transparent shopping journey by meticulously outlining all-inclusive shipping and handling fees for all inventoried sends.
Jul22493 EUBN Q3 2023 13. Jul22493 Each company that wants to survive in today’s market must have a strong internet presence. In order to increase sales and maintain a competitive edge, e-commerce enterprises in the European Union (EU) need to implement efficient web design techniques. Increasing sales in the European Union (EU) can be achieved through a number of different web design tactics that will be discussed in this article. Knowing Who You’re Talking To Knowing who you’re trying to sell to is the first step in making a successful online store. Identifying your target demographic, performing user research, and learning about regional cultural norms and preferences in the European Union all contribute to this goal. If you know who you’re writing for, you can make sure the tone and subject matter of your website are just right. This has the potential to boost participation and revenue. Web Design Essentials for Successful Online Stores Once you have a firm grasp on your demographic, you can turn your attention to the nuts and bolts of e-commerce web design. Aesthetics and branding, the value of photos and videos of products, and userfriendly design are all part of this. Successful online stores prioritize aesthetics, brand cohesion, and user friendliness. Putting a slider on your site is a great method to draw attention to your latest offers and items. If your site is on WordPress, then it’s extremely easy for you to implement it. Just use a WordPress slider plugin like Slider Revolution and you’re done. Building a Profitable Online Storefront A well-optimized e-commerce website will have a high conversion rate. Strategies for improving credibility and trust include crafting compelling calls to action (CTAs), tweaking product pages, and incorporating trust signals. In order to get clients to take action, calls to action (CTAs) need to be prominent and clear. The best product sites incorporate high-resolution photographs, comprehensive descriptions, and ratings and reviews from actual buyers. Improvements to E-commerce Site Usability and User Experience E-commerce platforms, in particular, rely heavily on a positive UX. If the user experience is good, people are more likely to stick around, which can only mean more purchases. This includes making sure that your website loads quickly, is optimized for mobile devices, and is simple to navigate. User satisfaction is directly proportional to how quickly a website loads. Customers may become frustrated with a slow website and decide to go elsewhere. Online purchases via mobile devices are on the rise, and mobile-first design principles can help make sure your site is ready for them. Optimization of online stores for search engines Websites If you run an online store, you need search engine optimization (SEO) to get found by more people and generate sales. Using local SEO tactics, as well as optimizing for relevant keywords, is essential for EUbased firms. Website content, such as product pages, blog entries, and landing pages, can all benefit from on-page optimization. The goal of off-page optimization is to boost your website’s authority and exposure by increasing the number of links pointing to it from other, high-quality websites. Businesses operating in the EU might benefit from using local SEO methods including enhancing their Google My Business profiles and accumulating local citations. How to Get the Most Out of Social Media for Online Business Paid social media advertising, when used to its fullest capacity, may also boost brand awareness and customer acquisition. Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are just a few examples of popular channels that provide advertisers with granular targeting and extensive audience reach to boost conversion rates. Improving Loyalty and Retention of Existing Customers Finally, e-commerce enterprises that want to succeed in the long run must work to increase customer retention and loyalty. Improving the customer experience and forging lasting bonds with your clientele fall under this category of tactics. Improving interactions with customers requires a focus on individualization. This can take the form of tailored email promotions, special discounts, and recommended purchases. Keep your customers interested and coming back for more with an email marketing strategy. Conclusion In conclusion, site design expertise is crucial for online retailers targeting the European Union market. Creating a successful e-commerce website that stands out in a competitive market requires knowing your customers, focusing on the basics of good web design, optimizing for conversions and UX, applying SEO and social media tactics, and increasing customer retention and loyalty. Web Design Strategies for Boosting E-commerce Sales in the EU Jan23140
14. EUBN Q3 2023 Oct22347 Why More EU Businesses Are Turning to PPAs: Explained Understanding PPAs A Power Purchase Agreement, or PPA for short, is a contract between a business and an energy generator. It allows the business to purchase electricity directly from the generator for a fixed period, usually several years. PPAs typically involve renewable energy sources, such as wind or solar power. By entering into a PPA, businesses can secure a long-term supply of clean and sustainable energy, often at a predictable and competitive price. Harnessing the Power of PPA Energy One of the main reasons why businesses are turning to PPAs is the opportunity to harness the power of renewable energy sources. By sourcing energy from wind or solar farms, companies can significantly reduce their carbon footprint and contribute to a more sustainable future. Moreover, as the EU strives to achieve its ambitious climate targets, utilizing PPA energy helps businesses align with these goals and demonstrate their commitment to environmental responsibility. Cost Savings and Price Stability One of the key advantages of PPAs for businesses is the potential for cost savings and price stability. By signing long-term agreements, companies can lock in favourable electricity prices, shielding themselves from volatile market fluctuations. This stability allows for better budgeting and financial planning, ultimately leading to more predictable operational costs. Enhanced Energy Security With a PPA, businesses can establish a stable and secure energy supply for their operations. Instead of relying solely on the grid, which may be subject to disruptions or price fluctuations, businesses can rely on the consistent delivery of renewable energy through their PPA. This enhanced energy security not only reduces the risk of power outages but also provides businesses In recent years, an increasing number of businesses in the European Union (EU) have been embracing Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) to meet their energy needs. These agreements offer a reliable and sustainable solution that benefits both businesses and the environment. In this blog post, we will explore what a PPA is and how it is positively impacting businesses and various sectors in the EU. with greater control over their energy procurement strategy. Boosting Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) In today’s world, corporate social responsibility (CSR) has become an essential aspect of business operations. By adopting PPAs, companies can demonstrate their commitment to sustainability and renewable energy. Investing in clean energy sources shows stakeholders that a business is actively working towards reducing its carbon footprint and addressing climate change. This can enhance a company’s reputation and attract environmentally conscious customers, employees, and investors. Supporting the Growth of Renewable Energy PPAs play a crucial role in supporting the growth of renewable energy generation in the EU. By entering into long-term contracts, businesses provide financial certainty to energy generators, facilitating the development and construction of new wind or solar farms. This, in turn, helps expand the capacity of clean energy sources, contributing to the EU’s transition to a low-carbon economy and fostering job creation in the renewable energy sector. Conclusion As businesses in the EU recognize the importance of sustainability and environmental responsibility, Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) have emerged as a popular and impactful solution. Through PPAs, companies can secure a reliable and sustainable energy supply, reduce their carbon footprint, and contribute to the growth of renewable energy generation. With the potential for cost savings, enhanced energy security, and the opportunity to boost corporate social responsibility, it’s no wonder that more businesses are turning to PPAs as a win-win solution for their energy needs and the planet.
Best Technology Development Company - Capital Region of Denmark
Subscribe to EU Business News www.eubusinessnews.com/subscribewww.eubusinessnews.com