Q2 2023 Paris-Meets-French Polynesia Culinary Experience Week at The St. Regis Bora Bora With Paris' Hôtel De Crillon This Summer The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort and Hôtel de Crillon Collaborate for the First in a Series of One-of-a-Kind Culinary Experiences
Welcome to the Q2 edition of EU Business News, providing you with all of the latest news, features, and informative pieces from across the European Union. Spring is well and truly here – in fact, summer is right around the corner! – and this delightful season means lots of glorious sunshine, brightly coloured blooms, and birds singing in the trees. It must also mean we are half way through the second quarter already, with this year so far being one of great prosperity for our outstanding European businesses. Now, with this wonderful season of new beginnings comes a fresh sense of optimism and motivation for welcoming new opportunities and challenges. In this issue of EU Business News, we’re excited to be celebrating those businesses who are leading the way in the region, who are experts in what they do, who see the positives when things get tough, and who know what it takes to succeed. Our award-winning businesses are dedicated to innovation, growth, and providing only the best products and services to their customers – no matter what. In this issue, we showcase businesses operating in procurement management, laboratory chemicals, roofing repair, and sustainable electricity, each of whom have worked so hard to get to where they are today and who are highly deserving of recognition. I hope you find each story within these pages to be inspiring and insightful, that you are having a lovely spring, and that you are flourishing. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon for our Q3 issue. Rebecca Scotland, Editor Website: www.business-news.eu Q2 2023 AI Global Media, Ltd. (AI) takes reasonable measures to ensure the quality of the information on this web site. However, AI will not assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, correctness or completeness of any information that is available through this web site. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them. The information available through the website and our partner publications is for your general information and use and is not intended to address any particular finance or investment requirements. In particular, the information does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation by us or any of our partner publications and is not intended to be relied upon by users in making or refraining from making any investment or financial decisions. Appropriate independent advice should be obtained before making any such decision. Any arrangement made between you and any third party named in the site is at your sole risk and responsibility.
4. News 6. Pruune Consulting Ltd: Best Procurement Management Consultancy 2023 8. S3 Chemicals: Best Laboratory Chemicals Supplier - Germany 10. Villas of Distinction® Says Book Now If Planning A European Vacation This Summer 11. Skyline Roofing and Building: Most Trusted Roofing Repair Specialists - County Cork 12. Pangaea Life: Best Sustainable Electricity CEO 2023: Uwe Mahrt 13. Sam Fox Reveals Full Culinary Lineup at Debut Luxury Hotel, The Global Ambassador, Opening in Mid-November 14. Paris-Meets-French Polynesia Culinary Experience Week at The St. Regis Bora Bora With Paris' Hôtel De Crillon Contents
NEWS MANCHESTER CITY AND NEXEN TIRE ANNOUNCE RENEWAL OF LONG-TERM PARTNERSHIP anchester City has today announced the renewal of its long-term partnership with Korean tyre giant, NEXEN TIRE, taking the partnership into its fourth term. As one of the Club's longest serving partners, the new multi-year agreement will see Manchester City and NEXEN TIRE celebrate over a decade of successful collaboration in which time the club has secured 12 major trophies, including four Premier League titles. Since its launch in 2015, the collaboration has expanded to include sponsorships of both the men's and women's teams • Manchester City announces the renewal of its long-term partnership with NEXEN TIRE • The new multi-year agreement will take the partnership into its fourth term and see Manchester City and NEXEN TIRE celebrate over a decade of successful collaboration M as well as the Elite Development Squad. NEXEN also served as the title sponsor for the Manchester City Cup, a youth-soccer tournament in the United States, as well as launching esports games and participating in Cityzens Giving community projects. In 2017, the collaboration also made history when City became the first Premier League club to announce a sleeve partner – a position that NEXEN has held since 2017/18 and will remain until the end of the 2022/2023 season. The renewal agreement will see a change in activation strategy for NEXEN as they no longer feature on the playing kit sleeve and will look to focus on their brand identity, 'We Got You', expressing their commitment to always be by the side of customers, fans and partners, focusing more on digital activations, creative content and increased localisation for priority markets. Content collaborations have been a successful component of the partnership to date, with the 2021/22 year of the partnership achieving record results for NEXEN, with activities such as the 'Away from Home with NEXEN TIRE' campaign series featuring fans from Seoul, Austin and Hamburg,' and 'Road Trip Roulette', a long-running series in which first team stars challenge themselves at the viral GeoGuessr game. NEXEN TIRE has previously activated on pre-season tours, which will continue this summer as Manchester City men's first team head to the company's home, South Korea, in addition to NEXEN branding remaining on the team bus and across the bridge between the Etihad Stadium and City Football Academy. Ferran Soriano, Chief Executive Officer at City Football Group, said: "NEXEN TIRE has been part of the City family for a long time and this new extension will take us to more than a decade of partnership. We have shared and enjoyed historic and very successful moments, celebrating 12 trophies together. We want to thank Nexen for their continued commitment, support and inspiration and we are looking forward to working together throughout the next term, for more innovation and celebrations." Travis Kang, Global CEO of NEXEN TIRE, said: "We are very excited to continue our long-term partnership with Manchester City, which will surpass a decade of collaboration by the end of the new term. Both parties are aligned to support and back each other up while inspiring people through our collaboration. This long-term partnership will allow us to innovate and grow internationally as NEXEN TIRE continue to expand our market and product offering."
NEWS France Most Attractive Destination for FDI Projects for the Fourth Consecutive Year The EY France Attractiveness Survey was published recently. This annual report identifies foreign direct investment projects in Europe and analyzes how decision-makers consider France, measuring real and perceived attractiveness, and comparing France with other European front runners. For the fourth consecutive year, France confirmed its top position in Europe, with 1,259 investment projects recorded in 2022. In second and third position, the United Kingdom attracted 929 projects, followed by Germany with 832. While France continues to experience an increase in foreign investments, its main competitors (Germany and the UK) are observing a decline. These results and the country's overall nurturing business environment have been confirmed by the 2022 Annual Report: Foreign Investment in France (issued by Business France and also published today). France has been focusing and reinforcing fundamental assets for a successful implantation on its soil: ready-to-use industrial land, a recognized pool of talents, and the "France 2030" investment plan, which aims to support a rapid transformation of the economy. "Despite a complex international context, France demonstrates day after day that it is a large, open, dynamic and innovative economy. Since 2019, France has been ranked first in Europe for hosting foreign investment projects. Our stable economic and regulatory environment, which is resolutely pro-business, promotes the confidence of foreign investors in our country," said Laurent Saint-Martin, Chief Executive Officer of Business France. "On a global scale, France has confirmed the momentum initiated in 2017 in terms of attractiveness, but also innovation. Research and development operations occupy an important place in the French economy, which hosts one in five R&D investments made in Europe by foreign investors. Each year, global tech and industry giants strengthen their presence in France, benefitting the transformation of our economy. The rapid deployment of the "France 2030" plan announced in October 2021 illustrates France's ability to remain a major industrial, innovative and daring nation that knows how to anticipate current and future transformations," says Pascal Cagni, Chairman of the Board, Business France and Ambassador for International Investments. Once again, France remains the most attractive European country for manufacturing companies, with 547 projects identified (i.e. one in four projects in France dedicated to re-industrialization in 2022, compared with less than one-third in 2016). The "France 2030" investment plan, dedicated to the most innovative industries, and in which foreign investors can really find foothold, is rapidly becoming a major factor of attractiveness for the country. Re-industrialization remains at the forefront for France, with a specific focus on net-zero, decarbonization, semi-conductors, healthcare, or even decarbonized aircraft and electric vehicles. The latter secured 30% of foreign direct investment in the automotive industry last year, compared to 12% in 2018. France maintains its position as European innovation champion. A total of 144 research and development center projects were recorded in 2022 (an increase of 8% compared to 2021), ahead of the United Kingdom and Germany. France is recognized worldwide as a land of innovation, with 64% of foreign investors considering it to be more attractive than any other European country when it comes to technology. For more information, please read the executive summary for EY's Attractiveness survey or Business France's Annual Report about Foreign Investment in France.
Jul22546 6. EUBN Q2 2023 n business, it’s all about increasing profits or reducing costs, but identifying ways to do that when you’re so close to your own operation isn’t always easy. Getting a fresh pair of eyes on the subject can be invaluable, even more so if those eyes belong to a business optimisation expert with more than 15 years’ experience. Working for global companies including Amcor, Eaton, IMI PLC, and Norgren, Bassey Duke gained a deep understanding of logistics, operations, sourcing, and strategy. In August 2017, the procurement and supply chain expert founded Pruune Consulting Ltd. Having lived in five European countries and held senior positions at multinational companies, Bassey’s ambition was to provide clients with sustainable and ethical improvement processes. By taking his knowledge forward into Pruune, he’s able to offer guidance and training to companies of all sizes from SMEs to large corporations. He tells us, “Pruune is about helping companies maximise profits by reducing their operating costs. We achieve this by removing process waste, applying lean principles, and reducing costs. At Pruune, we are a team of dedicated procurement practitioners passionate about exceeding our customers’ expectations.” The company’s services include supply chain management, logistics and warehouse management, project and procurement management, and low-cost country sourcing. So far, Pruune has saved its clients over 30 million euros by analysing their operations and offering practical and affordable solutions. Demonstrating to its clients how to save money through ethical procurement processes, Pruune is helping more companies become sustainably profitable. We delve into some of the services that Pruune provides. Through ongoing market analysis, Pruune is able to make informed recommendations on how to improve business logistics. Partnering with asset-based freight providers, Pruune provides its clients with access to competitive rates and service-level guarantees. The company’s extensive customs expertise gives clients peace of mind that nothing is missed. When it comes to procurement, Pruune advises its client on everything from sourcing raw materials to managing contracts and supplier relations. Best Procurement Management Consultancy 2023 Dublin-based Pruune Consulting Ltd (Pruune) is challenging the status quo to help companies unlock profit in a sustainable way. The company provides its clients with a range of consulting, training, and outsourcing services to help streamline and optimise business operations. We take a look at Pruune in more depth with founder and CEO, Bassey Duke. Bassey says, “Procurement often accounts for 70% of a company’s revenue. That means that even small reductions can have a huge impact on profits. We put our clients’ procurement plans under the microscope. We use an eight-step process that helps minimise costs and optimise consumption whilst maintaining positive relationships with suppliers. Our aim is to achieve consistent, significant, sustainable growth. I’m pleased to say that it’s typical for us to exceed our clients’ expectations.” Pruune has heaps of experience in sourcing suppliers. The company often delivers savings of over 50% by managing supplier key performance indicators such as quality and lead time. Regularly engaging with suppliers in Poland, Hungary, Romania, and China, Pruune has also developed its own robust new product introduction programme. Bassey shares some wise words about supplier negotiations with us: “First of all, know your numbers. It’s imperative that you have a clear understanding of your company’s budget and what you’re willing to pay for each item. Then, research the supplier you want to do business with. Find out as much as you can about them before you meet. Once you’ve done that you can define your goals and make a plan.” “Before you go into negotiations, it’s important to define a ‘walkaway’ point too. It helps you to stay focused and avoid making concessions you don’t want to make. But, at the same time, understand where you’d be happy to make a compromise. And, if the negotiations don’t go where you want them to, be prepared to actually walk away – there’s no point in making a bad deal.” Pruune’s supply chain management strategy is based on the ADKAR® Change Management Methodology. This guides clients through the various stages of change classified as Awareness, Desire, Knowledge, Ability and Reinforcement. Bassey explains, “We start by creating a value stream map. This helps us to understand the current situation and what success would look like for the client. We then work together to determine the steps necessary to reach this ideal future. The ADKAR® method is effective in ensuring success for everyone as the business changes.” If you need more help, the team at Pruune is more than willing to roll up its sleeves and lead on your behalf in the realms of its expertise — procurement, logistics, or supply chain. In 2019, Pruune received a sought-after Business All-Star Accreditation and became a member of The Register of Irish I Contact: Bassey Duke Company: Pruune Consulting Ltd Website: www.pruune.com Dec22254
EUBN Q2 2023 7. Business Excellence (also known as TRIBE). In the same year, as part of the John Maxwell Team, Pruune added leadership training to its portfolio of services. As a John Maxwell certified leadership speaker, coach and DISC consultant, Bassey is a member of the largest leadership development programme in the world. Understanding that effective leadership is the foundation of every successful business, Bassey and the team are keen to train both new and existing managers to increase performance and engagement. Delivering training either at the client’s premises, at the Pruune HQ in Dublin or online, Pruune offers a range of leadership programmes and short courses. These include Communicating to Connect, Being a Person of Influence, Developing Leaders Around You, and Building Successful Teams. Bassey is also a certified DISC method consultant. In December last year, Bassey was invited to become a Fellow of the All-Ireland Business Foundation (FAIBF). He says, “I’ve been recognised for the impact I’ve made on Irish commerce. It was a significant and humbling acknowledgement of my career and achievements.” Bassey and the team are thrilled to receive this Best Procurement Management Consultancy 2023 award.
8. EUBN Q2 2023 Chemicals form a major part of daily life for many companies, and clients ranging from industrial producers through to scientific researchers are always looking for those who can support them in the development of new products and ideas. Helping those in both the public sector and private sector to achieve success are the team from S3 Chemicals, who pride themselves on being able to offer customers solutions that cover the breadth of their needs. The team at S3 Chemicals deal with industrial-, fine- and laboratory-chemicals as well as the development of a chemical’s raw materials. Whilst covering an enormous array of different options for customers, the success of the business comes from a focus on the procurement and distribution of raw materials as well as the composition and filling of mixtures according to customer specification. No two businesses are the same, and neither are their specific needs. At the heart of S3 Chemicals, therefore, is a commitment to quality and meeting the stringent specifications that many expect and require of their chemicals manufacturers. Throughout the development process, it is possible to see a transparent and welldocumented supply chain that guarantees quality at all times. Needless to say, this transparency is why so many turn to S3 Chemicals, and is also how the team have been able to commit to a comprehensible pricing structure for customers. Over the years, this is a firm that has managed to achieve constant growth, and the S3 Chemicals team is delighted to be able to sell not only to those who approach them through personal conversation, but also those who visit the e-commerce shop that has become the preference of many. Best Laboratory Chemicals Supplier - Germany The production and supply of chemicals is an essential part of many businesses, but to find a supplier who can offer the right product as and when required, to the correct standard, is no easy task. We turn to the team from S3 Chemicals to see how they manage to achieve such impressive results, and how these results translated into success in the European Enterprise Awards 2022 Feb23335 By opening up how you can contact this intrepid team of chemical specialists, the team have been able to ensure continuing success at all times. The nature of S3 Chemicals means that a range of different staff play an essential role at all times. There is a clear love and commitment to the various aspects of procedure that go into every single part of how S3 Chemicals operates. Many of the products that the team offers are still single bespoke pieces, crafted carefully to suit the specific needs of a client. That said, whilst the team is able to meet these more unique demands, they can easily scale up production to suit the needs of the massmarket. This incredible versatility is why so many turn to this talented crew. Despite the impressive demands made of the S3 Chemicals team, a strong effort has been made to ensure that there is a flat team structure and friendly interaction between all parts of the organisation. Staff are not just kept up to date on the needs and expectations of their own departments, but every part of the business. With such a strong overall look at how S3 Chemicals works, the team are able to provide a stunning service that is truly second to none. For them, the support of the team as a whole is what makes them stand apart. The last twelve years have seen S3 Chemicals face down incredible challenges. Every sector is currently struggling to fight the challenges of high inflation, and S3 Chemicals is no exception. Not only do the team have to face down the difficulties of finding the right resources in the chemicals sector, but also the needs of their various clients as they look to cut costs without cutting quality. Over the last few months, the team have seen that the problems faced by their clients is not actually one of scarcity. It is one which comes from a delivery chain that is highly stressed, and the general economic slump of the private sector. Fortunately, S3 Chemicals has always been able to work alongside a range of different clients, creating an environment where a host of organisations will turn to the team for support. The success of the team led us to invite Tim Schuette to share a few words on the triumph that S3 Chemicals has been able to achieve. “Besides our working staff and our distributors all around the world, I would like to thank all of our customers for these magnificent first 12 years of our enterprise. Thank you very much!” It’s clear from this brief statement that for Tim and the team at S3 Chemicals, the product is one which is defined by people. And the people feel incredibly passionate about what is being made. Looking ahead, it’s easy to see the path that the team will take. Theirs is a business model which has long been successful, and will continue to be successful for many years to come. As such, they plan to keep keep business and employment stable and secure, to keep up the quality and service and to stay good and decent despite of the actual global circumstances. S3 Chemicals has a long and happy future ahead. People will always need chemicals, carefully crafted to suit specific needs, and that’s a sector of the market that the S3 Chemicals team have long had all sown up! Company: S3 Chemicals Name: Tim Schuette Email: [email protected] Web Address: http://www.s3-chemicals.de/
EUBN Q2 2023 9. Best Laboratory Chemicals Supplier - Germany
10. 10. EUBN Q2 2023 Nov22729 The villa rental company is reporting limited summer availability in Italy With the pent-up demand for travel and so many travelers with Europe on the bucket list, summer availability is booking up fast. Villas of Distinction® announces some villa rentals are still available for summer travel. According to the Airlines Reporting Corporation’s (ARC) data, Italy is up 82 percent year on year for U.S. travelers this summer (for travel between Memorial Day and Labor Day).* “Renting a villa in Italy allows visitors to live like the locals, something a hotel or resort can’t offer,” said Steve Lassman, vice president of villa product and agency relations. “Our villa guests are able to immerse themselves in the exquisite Italian culture with wine tastings, farm to table experiences, truffle hunting, al fresco dining and so much more.” Tuscany is well known as a hot spot for summer travel to Italy, but there is still some availability at these two villas within the Villas of Distinction portfolio. The area in Tuscany where villa Rubirossa is located is known for producing prestigious wines. Once a simple country house, Rubirossa has been converted to a welcoming and enhanced accommodation with a private vegetable garden, ancient olive trees and immaculate vineyards. Guests can enjoy the nearby Bolgheri Nature Reserve and the Rimigliano Coastal Park which are perfect for hiking, bird watching, and nature photography. Villa Aurelisia, also in Tuscany, can host up to 16 guests and is just less than 20 minutes away from, San Miniato, a medieval hilltop town where guests can immerse themselves in the Italian culture at the local food markets and restaurants. This villa is especially appealing for groups or families as its annex offers guests additional space and privacy, allowing a greater level of independence and flexibility. According to the American Express Travel’s 2023 Global Travel Trends Report, “Travelers who decided to go to Sicily this year may have made their decision after watching the second season of ‘The White Lotus,’ demonstrating another trend called Set Jetting-flocking to places that they’ve seen onscreen, either TV, movies or social media.” Located in Mondello, less than seven miles from Palermo, the capital city of the Italian island of Sicily, Raggiosa, sits on a long stretch of white sand beach with crystal-clear waters. This is the perfect location for guests who want to swim, sunbathe and enjoy water sports such as windsurfing and kiteboarding, while also having the opportunity to experience the natural beauty and culture of Sicily. Olgian, which recently underwent a renovation, is tucked away in an enchanted corner of Malfa overlooking the sapphire blue Mediterranean Sea and Panarea, an ancient island paradise. Guests can also see the incendiary volcano Stromboli in the distance. This location gives visitors the opportunity to explore by making it easy to island-hop and visit the other six islands of the Aeolian archipelagos trying authentic food, excellent wines and visiting Volcanic beaches. For more information or to find out about summer availability in other European countries, visit VillasofDistinction.com or call 800-289-0900. Villas of Distinction® Says Book Now If Planning A European Vacation This Summer
Aug22136 EUBN Q2 2023 11. Most Trusted Roofing Repair Specialists - County Cork Aiming to deliver the best possible results every time is more than a compulsion for Skyline Roofing and Building (Skyline) – it’s an obsession! Working with clients across Dublin and Cork, the company’s ethical and honest approach to business puts clients at ease and provides hassle-free results. Finding the right contractor to carry out work on your home can be a challenge, to say the least. We worry about not getting the best deal, about sub-standard results, and about all the hassle that comes with ‘having the builders in’. One company that’s working hard to allay the fears of its clients is Skyline Roofing and Building. A family-run business with over 35 years’ experience, the company takes a holistic approach to every project and is attentive to its clients’ goals and wishes. Company owner, Michael Casey tells us, “We gear everything we do towards making our clients’ projects easy and stressfree. We listen carefully to our clients’ goals before making a thorough inspection of the project area. Only then can we provide a well-thought-out recommendation of how to proceed. We want to do things the right way, every time.” Skyline’s values of honesty, quality, people, and professionalism make it stand out head and shoulders above competition. Finding the right solution for the client is important – even if that means quoting for a smaller repair, rather than a big replacement project. Michael says, “Whenever we’re faced with a choice between a cheaper product that won’t last and a quality product that provides long-term value, we’ll always select the better quality one. It’s the right thing to do.” And this is no fair-weather roofing company either. Skyline operates all year round, providing anything from a budget repair to a full renovation. The company can repair or replace many different roof types including standard pitched, slate, fibreglass, and flat roofs. The team can even help if you have an issue with your conservatory roof. In fact, the Skyline conservatory roof system will revolutionise the performance of your conservatory. The high-performance, lightweight system transforms any conservatory into a year-round ambient living space. Being conscious of both environmental impact and budget, the team can even use your existing windows, doors, and frames in the upgrade! As well as all things roofing, Skyline offers a range of other building services. Skyline delivers the same professional, dependable service on its attic conversions, chimney renovation, brickwork repairs, and landscaping services. The company attributes its success and longevity to one key ingredient – its people. Michael explains, “We’ve put a tremendous amount of effort into hiring the very best people. When you have great people, you deliver great results. That’s something we intend to be doing for many years to come.” To find out more, or book a free, noobligation quote, visit the company website. One company that’s working hard to allay the fears of its clients is Skyline Roofing and Building. A family-run business with over 35 years’ experience, the company takes a holistic approach to every project and is attentive to its clients’ goals and wishes. Contact: Michael Casey Company: Skyline Roofing and Building Web Address: www.skylineroofing.ie Feb23656
12. EUBN Q2 2023 Best Sustainable Electricity CEO 2023: Uwe Mahrt Uwe Mahrt has always sought to manage the savings of his clients in the best and most responsible way, but his tenure as CEO of Pangaea Life has allowed him to do this in a totally new way. “Not only have I been able to spend my time and energy finding the best financial solutions for customers, but by doing so also provide some benefit to the greater good,” he says with a smile. The greater good is at the heart of what sets Pangaea Life apart from the crowd. With a focus on sustainable investing, Pangaea Life is part of the German insurance group “die Bayerische”, which offers insurance solutions ranging from life insurance to income protection and property insurance. “Personally, before I became a CEO I´ve worked in different roles for various international insurance companies,” Uwe tells us. “I deeply care about improving the future of our planet and the people inhabiting it by guiding money to assets, that really make a difference. That is what motivates me every day.” This passion for the future has seen Uwe responsible for the management of two investment funds. “Blue Energy” invests in renewable energy projects as solar, wind and hydro power as well as in green energy storage while “Blue Living” invests in residential estates in German and US big cities, that comply with high standards concerning energy efficiency, ecology, and wellbeing of the residents. The key to his success, therefore, is sustainability that is peoplefocused. “I have always been deeply fond of connecting with people, getting to know their stories, and exchanging views and experiences,” Uwe admits. “For me, adding value to other people’s endeavours, trying to put myself in their position and understanding the challenges they face, is the approach best suited to develop long lasting customer relationships – even more so when it comes to such an essential topic as trusting someone with your savings and overall financial security.” One of the core aspects of Pangaea Life under Uwe’s leadership has been a transparent attitude at all times. “We are eager to show our clients not just how their investments grow and create value, but also in which exact ways those investments are part of the solution of forming a better, more sustainable future for all of us,” he says with a smile. “or instance, we are taking our customers to a digital VR-journey to some of the most important assets of our funds. Seeing the power and magnitude of – let’s say – our wind energy project “Tesla” in Norway with your own eyes, gives you a much deeper understanding to your investments.” Since helping to establish Pangaea Life, Uwe has seen enormous industry change. “When I was first asked in 2017 if I would like to establish from scratch one of the first “pure plays” in sustainable insurance, I wasn’t sure if the market and customers were ready for such a thing. Even more as quite some people had doubts about our philosophy of not starting another equity fund but investing directly in sustainable tangibles.” The success of the company, therefore, is in no small part due to his style of empathetic, motivation-based leadership. Looking ahead, Uwe sees a bright future, filled with opportunity. “I want to open up the opportunity to participate in the development of the biggest drivers of the ongoing sustainable transition to even more people – making it possible to invest in more key sectors of this change. This means that apart from our existing funds in green energy and residential estate, we are planning to establish further funds in other sectors of the sustainable revolution, allowing investors to take part in it.” With such bold plans on the horizon for Uwe and the Pangaea Life team, we can’t wait to see what happens next! Company: Pangaea Life Name: Uwe Mahrt Feb23297 It’s hard to see what value our lives have, but Uwe Mahrt had made it his business. Through his work as CEO at Pangaea Life, he has helped thousands to invest more sustainable. Now, with success under his belt in the German CEO Excellence Awards 2023, we thought it the right time to catch up with him and uncover some of the secrets of his success.
Jul22493 EUBN Q2 2023 13. Jul22493 Five Brand-New Original Restaurants Will Open Within the Hotel Much anticipation has surrounded details of the culinary offerings at acclaimed restaurateur and hospitality innovator Sam Fox’s soon-toopen luxury hotel, The Global Ambassador, and today new details are being revealed about all five original restaurants that will open within the hotel in mid-November. Widely considered Arizona’s most anticipated hotel opening this year, The Global Ambassador combines a refined and elevated hospitality experience that is locally connected yet created through a global lens. The restaurants embrace that same ethos and are influenced by Fox’s extensive international travels – highlighting his favorite dishes and flavors from countries and cultures around the world. “As the hotel name implies, the restaurants are an expression of all these spectacular places. We’re now several months away from opening our doors and I’m excited to showcase what has been almost a decade in the making,” said Fox, who is opening the hotel under his company Author & Edit Hospitality. “These five restaurants are gathering places, not only for travelers and hotel guests, but for locals who have been instrumental in our success. Guests will soon experience the collection of culinary experiences, including: • Le Âme: Nestled in the soul of The Global Ambassador, where romantic charm meets culinary excellence, Le Âme is a Parisian steakhouse that pays homage to traditional French fare with the perfect steakhouse touch. The menu boasts a wide variety of classic French dishes like Steak Frites Au Poivre and French Onion Soup along with a new take on dishes like Tuna Carpaccio and Brick-Pressed Chicken Coq Au Vin. Carefully curated by the hotel’s master sommelier to complement the flavors of the dishes, the wine offering at Le Âme is true to its Parisian roots, but with reach across the globe. The cocktail program is also designed to mirror the cuisine – beautiful ingredients, perfectly executed with drinks like Le Spritz Nouveau and French for Grapefruit. Le Âme offers an exceptional experience at any time of the day, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and weekend brunch. • Le Market: A personal ode to the pleasure of les deux amours, because everything is better in the company of another. The Parisian patisserie, Le Market, draws you in with echoes of chatter and a bustling pedestrian energy throughout the day. From decadent pastries and the perfect espresso in the morning to exquisite cheese presentations curated by the in-house fromager paired perfectly with natural wines in the evening. Le Market is a place where guests come to socialize in a chic yet elegant setting. • Pink Dolphin: Step into the playful and laid-back atmosphere of Pink Dolphin, where Mexican and Peruvian-inspired dishes and drinks pair perfectly with the whimsical and vibrant poolside setting. Whether you’re looking for a leisurely lunch, a sunbather’s retreat or an alfresco dinner, the indoor restaurant spills out into a covered dining terrace. The bar is always buzzing with socializers, offering a wide range of margaritas and authentic cocktails like Guava Caipirinhas, each made with fresh ingredients and pressed juices. Dive into the Peruvian Ceviche with a variety of seafood options like shrimp, white fish and scallops, or order the Cancha, shallow-fried corn seasoned with lime and salt. As you sip, savor and sway to the beat, you can’t help but get carried away at Pink Dolphin. • Lobby Bar: A great lobby bar isn’t a single thing done a single way – it is comfortable, stylish and well-appointed, both with worldly spirits and charming bartenders. It delivers your favorite cocktail just the way you like it and introduces you to a cocktail you’ve been missing your whole life. With a sense of style that exudes the perfect duality of intimacy and liveliness, the Lobby Bar ignites creative expression with a sophisticated spirit, welcoming essence and dynamic musical stylings - think jazz trios and special artist-in-residence nights. The Lobby Bar serves a mixture of classic and craft cocktails with a European flair. Two libations worth highlighting are Basil & Ginger and Caffe Du Jour. Complement your cocktail with something from the all-day snack menu such as Lobster Croquettes and House-made Potato Chips with French Onion Dip (made even more decadent with the addition of Osetra Caviar). Come and experience the epitome of refined sophistication at the Lobby Bar, where every moment is an indulgence for the senses. • théa Mediterranean Rooftop: Soon to be one of the West’s most picturesque rooftop settings, theà Mediterranean Rooftop is inspired by the sun-soaked Mediterranean region. In the shadow of Arizona’s famed Camelback Mountain, theà, which translates to goddess of light, serves as a haven where guests experience simple pleasures and extravagant moments sky high, that only intensify as the sun sets on the horizon. There will be no better place to set the scene for an unforgettable night while surrounded by the breathtaking views and lively DJ energy as théa comes to life. The menu explores the vast preparations of mezze, pasta and coastal seafood with dips, flatbreads, perfectly prepared vegetables and marinated protein skewers, all designed to be shared. Théa’s cocktail program is equally as rooted in fresh and housemade ingredients that combine the classic with the unexpected. But the cocktails are not to be outdone by one of the country’s most extensive rosé collections. Theà’s contagious energy lingers in the open air, beckoning you back for more whether for dinner or weekend brunch. Within the hotel will also be Global Ambassador Club, Arizona’s first-of-itskind, members-only club where members have access to a variety of exclusive services, amenities and their own private restaurant, The Grill. For more, visit GlobalAmbassadorHotel.com or follow along at @TheGlobalAmbassadorHotel. Sam Fox Reveals Full Culinary Lineup at Debut Luxury Hotel, The Global Ambassador, Opening in Mid-November Jan23140
14. EUBN Q2 2023 Oct22347 Paris-Meets-French Polynesia Culinary Experience Week at The St. Regis Bora Bora With Paris' Hôtel De Crillon The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, home of Lagoon by Jean-Georges restaurant, has long been known as a top culinary destination in French Polynesia. To build upon its gourmet reputation, the resort is launching a new Culinary Experiences Series this summer featuring a one-of-a-kind collaboration with award-winning talent from the Hôtel de Crillon in Paris. This new Culinary Experiences Series is being created to celebrate the hospitality and culinary traditions of The St. Regis’ founder John Jacob Astor IV and his mother Caroline Astor, a prominent Gilded Age socialite who was renowned for her elaborate gala balls, elegant private teas and exclusive midnight suppers. From August 7-11, 2023, Michelin Star Chef, Boris Campanella, and France’s leading Sommelier Xavier Thuizat, both of the Hôtel de Crillon in Paris, will join The St. Regis’ Chef Nicolas Nguyen in Bora Bora for the Paris-Meets-French Polynesia Culinary Experience Week. Foodies and wine enthusiasts alike are invited to indulge in unique food and beverage delights This Summer The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort and Hôtel de Crillon Collaborate for the First in a Series of One-of-a-Kind Culinary Experiences including an ‘Upside Down Menu’ concept at the resort’s Lagoon by Jean-Georges restaurant, signature St. Regis Champagne sabering, intimate wine tastings and cooking classes, customized menus and a selection of fine wines chosen personally by Xavier Thuizat, who was named 2022’s Best Sommelier in France. The Paris-MeetsFrench Polynesia Culinary Experience Week August 7 – 11 includes: • 6 nights in Overwater Villa accommodations for two at The St. Regis Bora Bora • Complimentary daily breakfast for two • Wine tastings and consultations with Sommelier Xavier Thuizat and cooking classes with Chefs Campanella and Nguyen • Grand Soir evening at Lagoon by Jean-Georges restaurant featuring the ‘Upside Down’ menu – a concept that flips traditional dining by having guests choose their wine first and then the chefs curate cuisine pairings for the meal based on the selected wine. • Welcome signature St. Regis Champagne Sabering “This new Culinary Experiences Series has been developed for the culinarilycurious guest who enjoys unique collaborations involving some of the food & beverage industry’s most talented professionals," states General Manager, Emmanuel Richardet. The rate for the Paris-Meets-French Polynesia Culinary Experience Week starts at 1,600,700xpf (approximately USD 14,700) for six nights for two guests. This offer is pending availability and does not include tax or service fees. Additional nights may be added at prevailing rates. Availability is limited to ensure an intimate and engaging experience. Rates quoted in USD are subject to currency fluctuations. For more information and bookings email The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort’s reservations team at [email protected]. Company: The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort From August 7-11, 2023, Michelin Star Chef, Boris Campanella, and France’s leading Sommelier Xavier Thuizat, both of the Hôtel de Crillon in Paris, will join The St. Regis’ Chef Nicolas Nguyen in Bora Bora for the Paris-MeetsFrench Polynesia Culinary Experience Week.
Best Technology Development Company - Capital Region of Denmark
Subscribe to EU Business News www.eubusinessnews.com/subscribewww.eubusinessnews.com