Our modern world is all about info and network. According to the recent statistical data, there are more than 1.83 bn. sites. The concurrency in each field is huge if just looking at this number. When you are trying to purchase something online and the webpage loads slower than usual, then you will probably find a couple of other websites where you will buy anything you need without delay. Because of the huge variability of services and goods, you will not experience any shortage if you just choose another online shop.
That’s why, businesses are improving the technologies and methods they are using regularly. Even a small business will win from a dedicated server in Sweden or any other location of its choice.
There are a couple of popular variants of hosting, you can easily find online – shared, Virtual Private, and dedicated servers. The first options are perfectly fine, but mainly for new businesses with minimal traffic and no need for high performance right away. Once your business starts developing and getting more clients, then the necessity of more secure space and better performance will be noticeable.
A dedicated server is an individual server usage. You don’t need to share the storage and any other resources with other companies. It allows the freedom of customization to the extent to which your business requires it. Moreover, you won’t need to worry that the efficiency of the site will be influenced by other server users as it might be in the shared servers.
When the need for a more powerful solution is vital, you can easily switch to the dedicated server. Here, we will share the functionalities of the dedicated server and its benefits over other options.
Benefits of server usage
– Performance. A dedicated server will suit perfectly fine for businesses that require efficiency, high speeds, biggest traffic, max uptime, and even a couple of running apps. You won’t need to bother about the functioning of your server even during the full workload.
– Security. With this type of server, you are getting full access to the physical machine and other users are not sharing it with you. It is already making this server more secure when compared with other options.
When sharing physical or virtual machines with others, you can become a victim of cyberattack even if the initial goal was not connected with your platform. Also, you can manage your security settings, install soft that you need, and monitor everything on your own.
– Scalability. It may be hard to predict every circumstance that can provoke business growth or failure. That’s why, the potential possibility of upgrading or downgrading the package makes the utilization of a dedicated server more convenient. All you need to do is contact a support team and discuss other available plans. In a matter of hours, you can upgrade your plan, and don’t worry about performance.
– Flexibility. You can set up your server according to your needs, install any required software, and generally have full freedom. With shared servers, usually clients are applying preinstalled soft and have little chance of changing something.
– Stability of bandwidth. Most web providers claim that by using a dedicated server your site’s elements will work without any failures. Speed of the page load and constant uptime will make the best user experience for your clients.
– IP address. Unique IP is crucial for a successful business. If you have shared IP with a couple of other users, then you can expect negative SEO ranking, spam sending, or even being involved in other suspicious acts without you even knowing this.
Indicators to switch to a dedicated server
– You have access to secure data. If you are dealing with a tremendous amount of information about your clients such as addresses, names, locations, and more, then it is advisable to think about a better safety method. A dedicated server will totally help with this. It will have SSL security and unique IP.
– Your traffic is higher than expected. With an increase in traffic, you should think about better usability and general UX. A dedicated server will help you with these issues.
– Search engine ranking. If you are sharing a server with suspicious users who are spamming or sharing adult content then your rate will definitely drop. You will not influence the neighbor’s activity, but you can switch to your own space.
To conclude, every business has its budget, needs, and capabilities and it chooses what works better at a specific time. Lots of users prefer shared servers and that is fantastic that you can pay less and cover all your necessities. However, once your business starts growing, you are getting more traffic, the number of data increasing, and you worry about security issues – then it is time to switch to a dedicated server.